In some cases, it happens in WhatsApp that individual contacts suddenly disappear. So that you can continue to chat with all your friends, we show you how to restore contacts in WhatsApp.
Solutions for Android
First of all, you should synchronize the contact list of your Android phone with WhatsApp. It works like this:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the chat overview and press the green text icon in the lower right corner.
- Press the three dots in the top bar.
- Now tap on Update.
If the missing contact is still not there, you have to make the following setting:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Select the Account Settings section.
- Look for the entry for WhatsApp here.
- Tap Sync Account.
Restore contacts on WhatsApp on iPhone
WhatsApp must also be able to access the general contacts in the phone book on iOS:
- So open the Settings app.
- Go to the privacy section.
- Here you will find the options for contacts.
- Make sure the WhatsApp slider is on.
If WhatsApp is not listed here or if the controller is grayed out, restrictions have probably been activated. How to reset the setting:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Screen Time section.
- Here you can find the submenu Restrictions.
- Turn off restrictions for WhatsApp.
Also on iOS, you should check whether the number you are looking for is possibly being blocked. With the iPhone, deleted phone numbers can be retrieved from the iCloud via a backup.
- Youtube Keyword Planner Tool For SEO Improvement
- YouTube SEO: 10 tips to position your videos on YouTube and turn them into ‘the most viewed’
- 5 WordPress plugins to protect your blog from malware
- How to install Wordfence Security on WordPress
- Best WordPress Plugins – WooCommerce
- What WordPress 5.9 will bring us
- How to remove URLs from Google Search
- The best WordPress plugins for websites
- 15 best SEO blogs in the world worth visiting