If the site is promoted in an unethical manner, the resource’s ranking in search engines will be intentionally lowered. This process is called Pessimization. Although this word is not officially used by search engines, it is extensively used among website promotion experts. When they were evaluating the principles of Rambler’s work in 2003, they learned about pessimism for the first time.
Types of pessimization
A decline in the site’s ranking in search engines might happen in one of two ways:
- Automatically. The resource is indexed by search giants’ robots. If they discover infractions (such as the use of “black methods”), the site’s ranking in the search results is lowered.
- Manually. Someone made a formal complaint. Requests are reviewed by search engine support moderators. If infractions are discovered, the resource’s position will worsen.
Both types of pessimism are a promotion specialist’s worst nightmare. In this post, we’ll show you how to get out of a tight scenario involving a job loss.
Why do search engines lower the rank of a site?
Pessimization of a website is a form of retaliation for the site’s use of unethical marketing techniques. One of the following blunders may have been committed by the SEO expert:
- Publication of other people’s images and writings. Content is something that search engines pay special attention to. They will rank your resource lower than the original or possibly “bring” the site out of indexing if you copied text from another source without changing it. Do not use the same text on many pages of the resource. Automatic text that does not fit the page’s aim is frowned upon by the search giants.
- The use of “black methods” such as creating two copies of a page (one for a human and one for a robot), designing keywords in an invisible typeface, and creating “satellite sites.”
- There are a lot of keywords. Resources that exploit “keys” are easily detected by Yandex and Google filters. Use the services of assessing the quality of the text and listening to the recommendations to avoid the risk of “Baden-Baden.”
- Prohibited substances or organizations are advertised. The search bot will notice and act accordingly: the site will either “fall out” of indexing or be blocked.
- There are a lot of links. Relevant sites linking to you and significant growth in the number of external links draw notice.
- Behavioral filters are being cranked up.
- Use of non-displayed images and images that are irrelevant.
Do not abuse the bold text selection and “conversation” with swaps for link sales. Do not use fraudulent exchangers that offer to download files for a fee or hide the propagation of infections by sending a paid message.
How to avoid pessimism?
You should avoid criminal conduct if you want to avoid going to prison. With website promotion, a similar approach applies. Use legitimate SEO tactics to avoid pessimism.
If you appreciate a competitor’s website, instead of copying its content word for word, use a rewriting service. Do not duplicate information across multiple pages of the website. Cloaking, switching, satellites, and doors are all a thing of the past.
Other methods for avoiding pessimism include:
- Selecting sites to link to your resource with care. Examine the company’s reputation, text and illustration quality, advertising, and traffic volume.
- The user’s perspective of the world. Check to see whether there are a lot of adverts and if the text corresponds to the site’s goal.
- Before making a purchase, look into the site’s history. Look for another resource if the prior owner “dabbled” in black marketing practices.
- With the help of specific services, such as Webmaster, you can keep track of the increase of positions, errors, and links.
- Follow the guidelines set forth by the search giants. Don’t expect the robot to overlook your little or random errors.
Simple activities will aid the site’s improvement rather than deterioration. It is not worth losing the resource’s reputation; it is difficult to repair!
Getting out of pessimism
If a site’s search engine rankings are dropping, first address the underlying cause. Examine whether there are a lot of adverts or if there are any links to illegal organizations.
If the cause is non-unique content, replace the text and image as soon as possible. Make sure you use one of the common services to check the new article for uniqueness. It’s also a good idea to break up the material into paragraphs, use a heading and subheadings, and make use of lists.
Contact the search engine support department if your rankings are dropping for no apparent reason. She’ll let you know exactly what’s wrong. As a result, it will be easier to locate an issue, delete the problem, and restore the site’s lost position.
When you’ve fixed the errors, contact Google’s administration and ask them to examine and remove the steps you’ve done. As a result, the site will be able to reclaim positions, and you will have learned a vital lesson about how to promote it honestly.
Subscribe to the Backlinkdukan Newsletter
and receive collections of articles, useful services, announcements, and bonuses. Join now!