Elementor is a drag and drop page creation plugin for WordPress, which means several things due to the extent of its functionalities:
- It gives you a completely original and separate interface to create articles, pages, and custom header and footer types.
- Basically, when you visit your standard article/page editing screen in WordPress, you get a new button that lets you activate Elementor and then let it take over the entire page editing process. Just click on it to get the drag and drop interface of the different elements that will make the design of your page.
- It requires no knowledge or skill in HTML or PHP. Everything can be done through the elementor interface.
- It works from the start, which means it immediately shows you the results of your work in a real way “what you see, what you see, what you have, what you have”. It’s a WYSIWYG
- You can use it to create any layout or content layout you can imagine – regardless of what your current WordPress theme allows you to do. The Pro version even allows you to fully edit the menu, header, footer and make pop-ups!
- It works with all WordPress themes.
- The main advantage of using Elementor is that you can create pretty impressive and pretty layouts or content structures, even if you are not a designer and have no experience in creating sites (HTML, CSS, PHP). There is also a list of effective models that you can access for free in the elementor interface.
This, in principle, opens up a lot of possibilities – especially if you are on a tight budget, but still, want your site and its content to look good. Concretely, Elementor is to WordPress what Gempages is to Shopify. Elementor has been downloaded over a million times to date! This plugin has class and knows how to lead the construction of all your pages. I prepare on this subject training on elementor, on the free and paid version where we will learn how to make a beautiful layout, with image, videos and sales page. To install it, simply go here, download the Elementor plugin for free and drag it into your WordPress.
But there’s more: If you don’t want to create Elementor layouts from scratch, you can also start from a number of templates or themes, and change them freely until you get the exact result. that you wish.
ELEMENTOR’S FUNCTIONALITY ON A PAGE
Elementor is delivered ready to use, equipped with elements that will create landing pages or embellish your the site as you wish:
- First of all, there is the main page building feature itself (we’ll talk about that in a minute).
- Then there is a library of pre-made page templates (as I mentioned above) that can be imported and edited. At the time of this writing, over 35 free models were available. In addition, you can save your own templates for later use.
- Finally, there is a custom page template called Elementor Canvas. It is a blank page the template that allows you to build a page without having elements from your current WordPress theme, such as header, footer or sidebar.
- As I mentioned, Elementor allows you to freely build, modify and adjust your pages – and see the results in real-time. Again, this is a live preview, so you don’t have to wonder what your page will look like once published (which is the standard scenario with native WordPress pages which are heavily dependent on the theme).
So what exactly can you do? First of all, Elementor lets you take advantage of a number of content widgets (or content blocks), which you can place anywhere on the page and then rearrange by drag and drop via full support. Completely at ease, Elementor offers you a responsive version directly without any action on your part. You can, of course, modify them separately.
If you want to get started for the first time and start editing this web page a little more, you can easily add HTML, CSS, etc. Besides, don’t forget that you must optimize the referencing as usual by making titles in h2 h3, etc … So by having a nice page structure, clean sections, a style that makes you want to read, buttons that click and the few widgets you like.
I should point out since it’s the most impressive thing here, that the drag and drop feature allows you to take any piece of content that’s already on the page and move it entirely elsewhere. This works for all types of content represented by Elementor content widgets.
- These widgets include titles, images, texts, videos, videos, buttons, dividers, dividers, icons, image galleries and carousels, counters, testimonials, social media icons, shortcodes and much more. In addition, you can use all the widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
- In addition, Elementor It also gives you access to basic display settings. This is where you can change backgrounds, margins and fill values, default colors, fonts, etc.
- On top of that, there is the full revision history, which means you can revert to a previous the version of the page (in case you made a mistake and don’t know how to fix it).
Last but not least, Elementor gives you total control over the appearance of your page on the desktop, tablet and mobile. I leave you a tutorial in English to learn how to use Elementor, super well explained and intuitive even if we do not speak the language of Shakespear!