An SEO article is a text optimized for search queries, according to which it is planned to promote a website page. You need to write such a text according to the interests of visitors and at the same time take into account the requirements of search engines.
SEO copy does several things:
- bring the site to the top of search engines for specific queries;
- increase the volume of traffic;
- to interest users, to encourage them to cooperate, purchase or order a service.
The difference between SEO articles and ordinary texts is that they should be tailored for both users and search engine robots. This has a positive effect on ranking and allows you to take high places in the SERP. To positively influence the ranking of a site, the text must meet a number of requirements:
- be understandable and easy to understand;
- be useful and reliable information for the target audience;
- be written correctly, without errors;
- have a well-developed structure: headings, subheadings, bulleted and numbered lists;
- have a sufficient volume (at least 2,000 characters).
But you need to consider the topic. It is logical that the description of a ballpoint pen in an online store will always be less than a presentation of a new laptop model in volume;
- images to be integrated into the article must have explanatory text with keywords, written in the “alt” attribute of the <img> tag;
- contain an average number of keywords, appropriately used and evenly distributed throughout the text.
Keywords should also be added to the title and meta tags;
- uniqueness is not less than 90%.
Over-optimized text is an article that does not benefit the reader.
It is easy to define such text:
- lack of meaning, continuous “water”, a lot of spam;
- lack of structure;
- excess keywords, bold or italicized.
Yandex has an extremely negative attitude towards such articles. In March 2017, the Baden-Baden algorithm came into force, which lowers the search results for pages containing incorrect texts with an excess of keywords.
If you write exclusively for robots, there is a great risk of falling under search engine filters. In addition, over-optimized texts look unnatural and scare off potential customers with their uselessness.
How not to write
Let’s take a look at 3 key mistakes when writing an SEO article.
1. Highlighting keywords in the text
You can use italic or bold underline in the source to track the location of words. You need to upload an article to the site in an edited and properly formatted form. The robot does not need any highlighting of keywords; it will find them in the text anyway. And the site visitor will be unpleasant to read such untidy text.
2. Lots of keywords (over spam)
Not only are spammed texts hard to read, but they also fall under the sanctions of search engines. Therefore, you should enter no more than 1 request per paragraph. The maximum number is 3 keywords in the entire text.
3. Texts for cars
You will not come across the phrase “buy a smartphone price” in everyday life, people don’t talk like that, therefore it will be perceived abnormally in the text. Keywords in the text should sound organic.
- dilute the keys with words if necessary;
- to implement indirect occurrences, because search engines perfectly understand the morphology.
How to make good SEO copy
We have sorted out the bad examples, now let’s move on to the good ones.
1. Normalized number of keywords
An excess of queries will alienate the reader, thereby worsening behavioral factors. And the search engine will not rank high spam text. It is better to use a couple of key queries, evenly distributing them over the text that is useful to the user.
2. Use headings H1, H2
Splitting and structuring text is equally beneficial for both users and search engines. H1 – heading at the beginning of the text, it can only be one. H2 – subheadings, there can be several of them. Also, if necessary, you can use the subheadings of the levels below – H3, H4, and so on.
3. Re-linking in the text
Relinking is a system of internal links that direct users to other pages of the site. With the help of linking, it is convenient to answer possible questions from readers, provide clarifications, to offer other articles on the topic of interest to the visitor.
Thus, the user spends more time on the site, as if making it clear to the search engines that the information on these pages is interesting – therefore, the resource is of high quality.
How to check an SEO article for errors
The quality of an SEO article is assessed by several parameters:
- Uniqueness. The higher the better, but not less than 85-90%.
- Nausea. Frequency of repetition of words.
- Spamming. The number and frequency of key phrases in the text.
- Water content. The ratio of useless words to total.
The check is carried out using specialized services: Turgenev, Glavred, Text.ru, Advego.
Websites are promoted in search by content, mainly texts. They attract a target audience that can become potential buyers. The modern text should be people-oriented, but take into account the requirements of search engines.
This has both pros and cons. The meaning of the article comes out on top, it is permissible to ignore some technical points. But behavioral factors play an important role in ranking. Therefore, modern texts should be interesting and useful in order to keep the visitor’s attention as long as possible on the pages of the site.
Writing SEO articles that are well-optimized and useful for people is not an easy task that requires a lot of resources and time, but it is worth it. High-quality texts will not go unnoticed and will be positively appreciated by both your visitors and search engines.