In the popular messenger service Snapchat, you can only share content with certain people. We have summarized for you how you can create a Snapchat group, what you need to consider and how you can leave a group.
Sometimes on Snapchat, you only want to send certain pictures to certain friends, not all your contacts at once. The messenger, which is especially popular with young people, has introduced the group feature for this purpose. In group chats, you can chat with up to 31 friends at once and share snaps exclusively
Create a Snapchat group
You can create groups on Snapchat in just a few steps. You can then also find them in your chat overview or you can find them using the search function.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Select the menu item Chat below
- In the top right, tap the chat icon (chat bubble with a pen).
- Select the people you want to add to the Snapchat group.
- Enter the desired group name under the New Group above.
- At the bottom, tap Chat with the group to start the conversation.
Add members to a group chat
If important people have been forgotten in a group, they can be added at any time. To do this, open the group chat and tap on the group chat symbol at the top to open the group profile. Here tap on + Add members and select other people from your friend’s list. The Bitmoji and the name of a group member appear above your keyboard when they open it. The associated colors cannot be individually adjusted, but are assigned at random. If you tap on the name in the speech bubble in a group, you will get to the respective friendship profile. If you have not yet added the person as a friend, you can do so now. However, Snapchatters cannot be removed from groups, they can only be exited themselves.
Leave a Snapchat group
If you have had enough of a certain group and want to leave it, this can be done in a few steps. When you leave, all snaps and chats that you have sent within the group will be deleted, even if other members have saved the chat.
- Open the appropriate group chat.
- Tap the group chat icon at the top to access the group profile.
- Use the three points in the top right to open the settings.
- Select Leave group here
Group chat tips:
· Snaps sent within groups will not be burned to you with individual friends
· If you hold down a chat, all information will be displayed, e.g. who has already read or saved it.
· If a snap is opened by a group member within a chat, his name appears below it.
· Messages in group chats are automatically deleted from Snapchat after 24 hours. However, you can also save messages before they disappear or delete them yourself.
All saved snaps and chats from a group chat, the members, and your own snap map are displayed in group profiles. Here you can also change the name, manage notifications and make other settings.